Professional software engineer specializing in MVPs and Proof Of Concepts.
Proven ability to take proof of concepts and turn them into reality in a largely bespoke manner with as little external dependencies as possible.
Knowledge Domains: Software Architecture, Game Engines, Cloud Services and Virtual Reality.
Senior Software Engineer
Aug 2021 — present
Primarily on core tools team with responsibilities centered around maintaining and enhancing the internal 3D games engine. Cross-platform on Web, iOS, and Android. OpenGL GLES 3. Written in C++.
Additionally, among core contributors for new customer facing scripting feature. Concerned primarily with UX, and UI – also contributions around architecture and data contracts.
Apr 2018 — August 2021
- 2021: Created a go library providing web assembly WASM/WASI integration allowing for secure execution of untrusted user code. Demonstration integrated Twilio to provide customer defined user notification system.
- 2020: created a microservice that provided cloud formation integration for low cost demonstration environments of our product.
- Helped drive legacy product modernization by performing large refactorings of back end systems resulting in a very noticeable front end load time improvement when working at larger scales. (minutes to seconds load times. )
Skills used: Java, Go, Cassandra, Cockroach, AngularJS, Angular 2, Jenkins, Linux, and Network Devices
Freelancer / Consultant
Jun 2014 — present (6 yrs, 11 mos)
- Godot plugin for Dragonbones 2D skeletal animation (https://godotdragonbones.com)
- Open Source Mario Maker Clone in Godot (https://ozzadar.com) - Multiple released Unreal Engine courses
- YouTube channel focused on educating fledgling developers on various technologies (godot, unreal, leap motion, c++, game engine programming, golang) (https://youtube.com/c/ozzadar0)
- Built virtual reality desktop application in Unreal Engine 4; the first of its kind to support break out, single applications.
- Cloud docker orchestration system similar, but prior to, Docker Compose focused on allowing users to donate their docker instances in exchange for services.
Skills used: Kubernetes, Go, Java, Unreal Engine, unity, Wordpress, React, React Native, C++, and Godot
Sep 2017 — Mar 2018 (6 mos)
Part of the Kubernetes integration team providing the ability to monitor and deploy kubernetes containers and clusters in a hybrid cloud infrastructure management system.
Skills used: Java, AngularJS, Angular 2, Kubernetes, and VMware vSphere